Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dear Grandpa

Dear Grandpa,

I finally made it. Right now im at the University of Maryland, trying to make something of myself. Its been a long time getting to this point, but I thank God for the time and bumps he through my way because it has truly made me a man. I still have child ways, cause lets face it, I took after you a little. I have this bad habit of teasing people, just like you used to. I took your place by picking with your latest great grandchild. You would love Butta, and would probably spoil him just as much as you spoiled me. He looks just like me except that he's Ashley's baby and not mine. Also Ashley finally settled down and got married to Anthony, and they just recently got a house. So far, they are so happy and that makes me feel good inside to know that atleast one of their plans and dreams is comng true.

I graduated top ten of my class, and like I said earlier it was a struggle. You always said B and G doesnt mix, and you were right. Spending more time looking at girls instead of studying almost made me miss the top ten spot. But you know how it is, you were young at one point. The family is doin fine, I just talked to them last night. Grandma is doing alright, she still misses you even though she doesnt say it, you can tell by the look in her eyes and sometimes she will just get so sad and look like she will cry. Mari and Rj have grown so much and we have grown so close, especially me and Rj. Daddy is not doing as well as he puts out. He has so much pressure on him right now, that it makes me push harder so that he wont have to worry about anything after im done with school, cause ima take care of everything. Mama is still the same, except that she is getting more and more like your side of the family. I gotta go now, but I just want you to know that we havent forgot about you, and its not a single day that I dont think about you.

Love Always,
Travis

No comments: