Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 20

Last Thurday, I celebrated my 19th birthday. I finally made it through another year safe and sound. That whole day I just praised God for adding on another year to my life. I started off by listening to Marvin Sapp to get my day started, which got my attitude very upbeat. It alos helped that I got a 91 on one of my exams. The rest of the day I didnt do anything. I was determined at the beginning of the week that Thurs. was my official day off, so I did all my work earlier. Somepeople wouldnt call what I did celebrating because I didnt go out and party. I played a little Halo, and watched t.v. Later that night some guys from my floor took me too Chipotle, and after that I went to Cru to "officially" thank God for letting me see another year.


It was strange because this was the first birthday that I was away from home and away from my brother and sister. I figured that this was going to be a quiet birthday since I was away from family, but I was wrong, people were couting down to the exact min. At 12:01 I had about 10 people try to rush into my room until I got the door closed to avoid my birthday cracks. Then the messed up thing is that the got the girls RA to go along with it and she made me open the door. I had so many people blow my phone up the whole entire day. Finally I actually got gifts. Back home if they werent your family, people would be like "oh, its your birthday, well happy birthday" and thats it. I wasnt expecting anything until I got home and ate my grandmas cooking, but some of my boys brought me a Maryland jacket. One brought me a shot glass, and the triplets from my building got me a cake that I shared with the other guy on my floor that shared the same b-day.

No comments: