Monday, November 10, 2008

My Trip Home

I finally went home for the first time this weekend. It was my grandmother's birthday so I decided that I would go and suprise her. I had planned this out for weeks and had almost everyone involved except for my parents and my granny. The original plan was to tell them that I had went to Jersey with some of my friends for the whole weekend. Instead of actually going I was gonna get my youth leader from my church to meet my aunt halfway so he could bring me home. Things didnt work out as planned as he had problems with his business on Friday. So we had to rethink things and I ended up coming back with a girl from my neighborhood. Long story short my family was really suprised. My mom jumped up and hugged me and my little brothr fell out of a chair. My dad even woke up, and he's hard to wake up. The biggest reaction that I got was from my grandmother though. She was at a friends house, so I bust in and start singing happy birthday and I thought she was gonna choke me to death. That night we sat up talking the entire night about the past couple of months.

The next day I went and chilled with my little big cousin. I say little big because she's smaller than me, but older. We went to see some friends that i used to work with, and we went to Newport News to take her husbands neice. We talked the whole way there, from girls (guys for her, which was like getting kicked in the head) to politics. On Sunday, I went to church so I could meet up with the lady I was coming back with. I really enjoyed church and went home to chill with my brother and sister for a bit. Overall Im glad that I went home to chill with my family because it made me realize how much I have taken them for granted

No comments: